Saturday, January 23, 2010

Resurfacing

2010 marks a very special milestone for me for several reasons. The most glaring of all reasons would stare at me as I would stare back at him every morning, both of us playing this waiting game. Him, waiting for a breast to spring on him. I, waiting for him to cry because "they" said it’s a great lung exercise. He never does go for that crap, by the way.
The special milestone? Being a mother again after 10 long years. Just when all convenient knowledge of holding down a squirming, soapy baby and reaching out for a placed too-far towel had already been wiped out from your memory. An accidental mother at 31 wasn't on my priority list. Don't get me wrong. I love being a mom. God knows, I've raised a baby daughter into a precocious child and into tweenhood with my limbs still intact and had thought of doing it again. You know, after buying a house when I’m able to AFFORD one. And yet again, there I was on the operating table, with an orderly pummeling me to a perfect C with my butt exposed. Yes, I left what dignity I've grown back at the hospital door again. With butt exposed. Again.
I find this reason special enough to start my own blog. Aside from the fact that I still seem to have remnants of anesthesia and is demolishing what memory capability is left so writing about it means that I am not imagining things.
So here’s to hoping that you’ll find some humor in me reconciling what I did then to what is happening now. We are all on the same boat, after all, when we become parents. How is it going for you so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment